Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Asian Crunch Salad

There are many variations of this salad - the common factor is ramen noodles and cabbage. I like all the variations I've ever tried for as long as I can remember. Tonight, I was craving it but didn't have what I needed to make my old stand by - and boy howdy I'm so glad!!


I'll be sticking with this version! The only addition I would make is add grilled chicken next time. I made this in-between my "bus driver" duties for the kids - so I didn't have time to defrost and grill the chicken.

Asian Crunch Salad
Dressing:
1/2 c evoo (I love Kirkland's Mediterranean blend oil)
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c rice vinegar
1 - 2 T Ponzu (citrus seasoned soy sauce)
salt and pepper to taste

Salad:
16 oz bag shredded coleslaw (or 1 head napa cabbage, shredded)
2 bags Top Ramen, crumbled (any variety)
Mandarin oranges (as many as you like - I like a lot)

Topping:
NUTS! Cashew pieces were awesome but slivered almonds, peanuts or sunflower seeds would also be good

Combine all ingredients for dressing, incorporate well and pour over the salad ingredients. Toss and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Top with nuts and thank yourself for this delicious bit of heaven!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails