Saturday, April 12, 2014

Creamy Parmesan Romano Rice

I was at the grocery store the other day and those packets of rice & seasonings on display. I thought to myself - I used to love those when I was in college… I should try to make a version at home - that'll ensure I have control over what goes in to it - and that what goes in it won't be a "seasoning packet" and all those preservatives!!
Creamy Parmesan Romano Rice
1 stick (8 T)
3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced
2 c water
2 c 2%milk
2 c white rice
Salt and pepper to taste

1 T chopped fresh parsley
½  c parmesan – romano cheese, shredded or finely grated

Saute garlic in butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat until fragrant about 3 minutes. Add riceand stir to coat in butter. Add milk, water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer – cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir only occasionally to ensure the rice isn’t sticking to the bottom – if it is, turn the heat down.


When the rice is done. Stir in parmesan romano cheese and parsley. If you’d like yours creamier, you can add a splash of milk. Taste for salt and pepper. Cover and take off the heat to rest 5 minutes.

My kids gobbled this up!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails