Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Pasta with Pancetta and Lemon

Spring is in the air here and I am so excited!! I wanted to make a quick pasta dish with bright Spring flavors and what do you know? I had everything I needed on hand!



Spring Pasta with Pancetta and Lemon
1 lb of your favorite pasta (I used germelli)
1/2 lb pancetta (or bacon or ham)
1/2 small diced red onion
2 t minced garlic
1 c reserved pasta water
Zest of 1/4 lemon
1/2 c finely shredded Asiago cheese
1/2 c finely shredded Parmesan
1/4 c finely chopped parsley
3 - 4 T evoo

Cook pasta according to package directions.

In the mean time, cook your pancetta until crisp - add the onions and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for about 20 seconds. Add reserved pasta water. Drain pasta and add to pan and incorporate.

Remove from heat and add parsley, cheeses, lemon zest and evoo. Serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails