Sunday, July 3, 2011

Homestyle Baked Beans

*I promise to add pictures tomorrow!
Growing up - there were a few things my Mom made that I just couldn't get enough of. One of them was her Homestyle Baked Beans. The recipe couldn't be more simple and inexpensive - but man what a crowd pleaser...
Homestyle Baked Beans
3 cans Campbell's pork and beans
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 lb bacon
2 T brown sugar
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
In frying pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Fry onion in bacon drippings. Add brown sugar and vinegar. Drain the beans and add to pan. Crumble bacon and add. *Cook until warmed through. Once you add the beans, don't stir too much or cook too long - they'll get mushy.
*Instead of cooking them until they are warmed through, I plan to make these and keep them warm in my crock pot before serving. I use the "Keep Warm" setting or the very lowest setting on your crock pot - the beans will be warmed through but not mushy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails