Monday, July 5, 2010

Grilled Asparagus

Another recipe I've never posted b/c it's so simple - and it's not really a recipe. We had this for dinner on Saturday night (by request from my 7 & 5 year olds) and then were thrilled to find it on the menu at our friends BBQ for the 4th (first thing gone on both nights).

I didn't take a picture initially, and when I went in for 2nds, my 7 yr old was right on my heels. There were these 2 spears left. For 1/2 a second I thought about splitting these with him, but how can I possibly take good veg away from him - no matter how much I love asparagus!! If you've never tried asparagus on your grill - you've got to do it!
1 lb asparagus spears (washed and trimmed)
Kosher salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
EVOO

Put trimmed* asparagus on a plate or cooking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO then sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place on the grill directly or in a grill basket. Grill until just tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes.

*If you've never made asparagus before 'trimming' is easy. Hold the spear in front of you with your hands on each end of the spear. Bend the spear (move your hands like you are making a horseshoe shape) and the area that needs trimming should snap right off.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails