Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sausage & Shrimp in Vodka Sauce

This was a last minute - wanted to make something fabulous but didn't have a lot of time or energy dinner - that came out of my head...
Sausage & Shrimp in Vodka Sauce
Shrimp (as many as you want) *I used precooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
Sausage (I used Hillshire Farm chicken sausage that is also precooked)
Angel Hair pasta
Vodka Sauce straight out of the bottle
Onion

Cook pasta per directions on package.
Cut sausage into bite sized chunks (I used scissors to do this). Put sausage and onion in a large saucepan and cook until the onion is nice and translucent. Add the cooked and drained pasta, the vodka sauce + about a cup of the starchy pasta water. Use tongs to incorporate. Season your shrimp with salt, pepper, etc. (I seasoned them with these ingredients) and add them at the last minute - just to warm them up. Serve and enjoy!!

I asked my husband what else I could add to make this really great and he suggested green peppers or broccoli - the possibilities are endless!

*If you've never had Vodka sauce - you have to try it!! It's like a marinara mixed with an alfredo sauce - so delicious!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails